Rear muffler for Spider, ANSA, etc.?

In a message dated 12/12/2002 2:21:07 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:07:03 -0500
> From: Bruce  -  Bruce's Parts Bin <bruces3@domain.elided>
> Subject: Rear muffler for Spider, ANSA, etc.?

<snip>
 and for the

> Spider I have a muffler eliminator pipe with chromed end. It's a straight
> pipe with all the correct bends and mounts but has no muffler. I "little "
> louder then stock :)

       The Alfa spider center muffler is so efficient = quiet, that a
straight pipe on the rear makes the exhaust note almost audible.  I have been
building my own from rusted out tail pipes saved for me by the local Alfa
mechanic.
       So how much is your rear section, Bruce?

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City