Re: fluid for '91-'93 164L 5-speed tranny

Doug,
When I bought my S, about seven years ago, I had the popping-out-of-fifth
happen to me at about 100 mph.  I had the local Alfa garage drain the box
and fill it with ATF.  They said they found a cup of a mixture of ATF and
gear oil in my box.  Not sure if the lack of fluid or the gear oil was
causing the problem but I have had no other troubles in the 80K miles since.
Regards,
Jay Reddy
Enterprise electrical design
512 728 0082