Re: CD player in GTV6

In a message dated 12/4/2002 8:32:23 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> From: Pottree@domain.elided
> Subject: CD player  in GTV6
>
> In a message dated 12/2/2002 7:11:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>
> >Has anyone recently installed a CD player in a
> >GTV6 and found its shock resistance acceptable?  If so, what model?
>
> Okay, you can file this under Car Audio, CD in GTV6, or All Alfa Owners are
>
> Cheap, Me Included.
>
> But here's what I've done and it works quite well.
>
> <<snip>>

> I had to disabused myself of any notion of ergonomics anyhow, given the
> position of the radio in GTV6.  At the same time, I bought a Sony "Car
> Ready"
> portable CD player, which comes with an output connector in the shape of an
>
> audio cassette.  This thing works on batteries or plugs into the cigarette
> lighter (which arrangement is too much of a pain on all but the longest
> trips, mostly due to the location of the lighter and the radio).
>
> Unless the driver or passenger kicks the CD player or knocks it over (not
> unheard of), it rarely skips on rough patches of road in the GTV6 with
> standard shocks.  Ditto the Spider with Konis.
>
> This thing with accessories cost about $US75, and I can use it in the GTV6,
>
> in the Spider,  in hotels and on beaches or on the terrace or wherever, so
> it
> is a 3-in-one wonder.  It's a little more complicated to get ready to play
> CD in the car, but I believe (with only the most casual research) that an
> all-in-one car unit of comparable sound quality would cost somewhere in the
>
> vicinity of 600 samoleons, and you would be stuck using it in the one car.
>
> Of course, you also have to remember to bring it along, together with all
> its
> parts, to use it, unlike someone I know who left something home when
> setting
> out on last weekend's fantastic AROSC wine tour to Temecula Valley.
>
> Charlie
> LA, CA, USA

I did the very same thing.  On a whim, while shopping in WalMart I came upon
a Phillips portable AM/FM/CD player with the auto cigarette lighter power
adapter and earhones on sale.  Well, if it didn't woprk right I could just
bring it back.  Plays very well using that tape player adapter and I have not
had any problem with skipping since it has a 40 sec. delay....AND I can take
it out of the car and use it.  I think I paid about $60 USD for it.

Jerry in Houston