164 child seats

I share the scepticism about there being room for three child seats in the rear of a 164, or any European car for that matter. Two and a booster seat would probably work. I have visions of triplets being the problem. As long as the kids are different ages you should be able to get some combination of seats to work. My older two are 18 months apart and the third is four years younger than the middle kid and we all fit in the back of various SAABs etc. Never had the car seat in the Alfa as the little one was in a booster seat by 1991.

As for tether mount points all Canadian model cars had to have these installed by law. As far as I know the threaded mounting points for at least two are in the rear parcel shelf, and one bolt set came with each car. I haven't checked recently for three mounts, but logic would indicate there would be three. I also doubt that Alfa would make a Canada specific model where bodywork modifications are concerned. We got km instruments and a relay to bypass the headlight off switch for DRLs, but otherwise US cars should be identical to Canadian cars.

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner