1750 rebuild cost

At 09:56 PM 12/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:04:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank <alfa@domain.elided>
Subject: 1750 GTV Engine Rebuild

Hello:

I am in the process of restoring a 1969 1750 GTV and have been quoted $4200 for a complete engine rebuild to stock specs. Is this a fair estimate?

Thanks.
In my humble, that's about double what you ought to pay. I have heard a mechanic boast that he wouldn't do a complete overhaul for less than $4K, but this ain't 1999, and he'll never know how much that comment cost him.

YCMV,
Joe