Re: special tools

> The only thing that concerns me about the timing chain operation is the
special tool that is supposed to be used to hold the cylinder liners in
place once the head has come of.  Do people typically have the special tool,
or do some of you dummy one together out of other stuff?  Photographs would
be appreciated, if possible.

Just cut 4 pieces of metal electrical conduit pipe or galv water pipe to
about 15mm shorter than your head studsextend beyond the liners.  Then get 4
wide washers (here in the US we call them fender washers) that will fit
around the studs and overlap the edges of the liners.  Put a washer and
piece of conduit over the studs that are between cyl 1 & 2 and the ones
between 3 & 4. Tighten a head nut over each piece of conduit to clamp down
the liners.  My total investment in this tool was $0.00, as I had everything
I needed laying around the garage.

Cheers,
Tony