special tools

       Buy a plastic clutch alignment tool from Vick Auto or any of the other
parts suppliers.  I guess they all ship to New Zealand.
       Make hold downs for the liners from large washers and lengths of pipe.
 I cut 3/8 black iron water plumbing pipe to the appropriate length.  You
will need four, two on each side between cylinders 1 & 2 and another set
between 3 & 4.
       I own none of the special Alfa tools.  I have been able to look in the
shop manual and make suitable tools to do the job.  Even when all the tools
were available from Alfa, it was far cheaper to make my own tools on occasion.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City