Wiper motor

Hmm, Ed Prytherch suggests the slowness is a mechanical problem whilst
Jerry in Houston found his problem to be in the switching area.

Recently I got rained on a bit and the wipers worked sort of okay. All I
have done is spray everything possible with contact cleaner.

I hadn't mentioned that when the Alfetta had a front-ender about 12
years ago, one of the wiper 'arms' (as in underneath the hood) was bent.
The wipers always stalled at about three quarters through their upward
cycle. Even after replacing the 'arm' it continued to do so, but not
quite as bad.

So I'm thinking mechanical  which was formally aggravated by bad
contacts.

Jerry in Houston, where did you measure the drop of 4 to 6 volts? On the
Alfetta there are five wires going into the wiper motor. Quite possibly
the GTV6 has more. Are we talking a wire from the switch or the one from
/ to the relay? Or?

And just to be a pain, what is the voltage drop now? I know, yours work
now, why bother?

Since my windshield has multitudes of tiny pits I'm thinking of coating
with Water Wetter so there is less friction on the 'blades'. Speaking of
which, which ones are the best to use which don't mind small pits? I
wanted to try the Bosch refills but they are too skinny.

Since Ma Nature's So. Cal. division has decided to compete with the
Seattle division, rain-wise, I'd like to be prepared. One can only
assume locusts and pestilence are just over the horizon.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA