re: paint chips

Biba, et al: I'm CERTAINLY no paint expert, but I've noticed that the
painters where I work (a custom yacht manufacturer) use a roll of 3/4"
foam instead of masking tape at the edge of repairs, then mask around
that as normal. This creates a feathered edge, instead of a sharp one,
and it's easier to finish blending it in to the surrounding paint. HTH
-Patrick-