Idle drop with electrical load increase + windshield wipers

Back in the olden days there was a brief time I thought I could afford
to care and feed a GTV6. I don't remember the engine idle dropping when
the fans kicked on. If it did drop, it was very, very minor.

Having owned a '75 Alfetta GT for years (which has once again become the
daily driver) I always appreciated the fact the GTV6's idle didn't drop.
I assumed it was a combination of a more powerful engine and there was
some magic stuff in the black box preventing and / or compensating for
when the fan, etc. kicked in.

Joe, after reading your comment, I was hoping someone would come up with
an easy fix which could also be applied to the 'original' version.

A new, but somewhat related question: How does one check out the wires
going to the windshield wiper motor? On our previous downpour my wipers
stopped completely. Since then I've done a little checking. No blown
fuses, but turning on the wipers with the engine not running would make
the alternator light almost go out with no movement of the wiper arms.

I've sprayed the heck out of both the electrical connection to the motor
and the motor's relay. I now have movement, but still somewhat sluggish.
I've thought about stealing the wiper assembly from the spare '79
Alfetta GT, but hate to go to the effort if the problem is strictly in
the electric's.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA