Re: 164 timing belt AARRGGHH

Richard, a few years ago when I first did a 164 t-belt, alfabill cued me
into removing the ps pump pulley too - a simple, yet beautiful solution.
Ken Stevenson's identification of the timing marks (not mentioned in the
workshop manual/cardisc is also very helpful).

In any event, one time I also needed to tension the p.s. belt.  My
father-in-law used to restore old bi-planes and I will usually tinker with
my alfas in his hangar.  He never worked on alfas but he had several tools
which mimic the p.s. pump special tool.  I do not know what they are called
but I will try to describe them and attempt to draw it below.  The tool has
a box-end wrench head on one end and a place to insert a 3/8 drive ractchet
on the other end.  These two ends are on the same horizontal plane but there
is nothing between them as the "shaft" of the tool angles away from each end
at an approx. 45 - 60 deg angle and then drops back to the horizontal to
connect the two ends.

Here's a drawing:
 _______

I know that I have seen these at other places but I don't know what they are
called.

Rodney Tidwell
MS, US