Timing chains

<<<<<
>chains may be as archaic as carbs but

Maybe not as much as you think  Honda seems to be using chains in its new
engines.  in 2000 the S2000 and insight were released with chain driven

I'm not sure about the V-8 Z4, but BMWs (4 and 6 cylinder) have always had
chains.  (yeah, yeah, I know... BMW snob... but do you really think I'll
risk my Alfas for commuting to work? <grin>  The BMW is expendable...)

Howard K. Warren, Sherwood, AR
1995 BMW 318ti, "WhiteHawk", 74k miles
1985 Alfa Spider, "CODA", 140k miles
1985 Alfa GTV-6, still no name, 101k miles