Re: Idle drop with electrical load increase

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:19:15 -0500
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Iridium sparkplugs

And now for something completely different, I have a potentially
ignition-related question regarding my GTV6.  Why does the idle drop as the
draw in the electrical system increases??
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6

As you increase the electrical load, you increase the demand on the Alternator
and thus more load on the engine.  You might change things a little by
cleaning your battery terminals but probably not much.
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va