RE: sparkplugs

It's been a while since the sparkplug thread petered out, but has anyone
 heard of Iridium sparkplugs?  My friendly local auto-parts store has a
special on NGK Iridium plugs at the moment, and I've never even heard of
the things.

regards,
Anthony.
AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The sparkplug thread!!!

Just kidding.. ;-)

I'd never heard of 'em either.. but know that Iridium is another of the
very heavy metals in and around Platinum.. and share most of the similar qualities, i.e. very heavy, rather inert, very high melting point..

I'd think they would be very similar to Platinum plugs, though the rest of the plug design should be the main factor in how they perform compared to another.. rather than what they're made of.

Oh, they have another quality, they're Different.. so they have marketing ability to stand above all the other Platinum plugs.. ;-)

Jon