FWIW -- 81 Spider

Last Spring I was mentioning the refitting of the SPICA system on my '81 Spider Veloce.

I got the usual helpful and well appreciated hints but there were also a couple of
misinformed comments, notably the suggestion that this was not a SPICA but a BOSCH car.
Even the new Rees Spider "restoration guide" misidentifies the intake plenum as the
filter housing on page 67.

While the following photo links are not my car, they do show the stock set-up of the
apparently rare and misunderstood '81 Spider.

http://322auto.com/images/010736/01073614.JPG

http://322auto.com/images/010736/01073615.JPG

BTW...the retro-conversion of my '81 to a '78 four butterfly intake/integrated
filter-airbox is still in the thought experiment stage...

If you just have to have one of your own, look for this on eBay, item #1873110744. Not
my car, no financial interest, and so on, and so forth.

Now back to more important Alfa stuff...

P.J. Wise
Nemah, Washington
'81/'78 Spider Veloce "Verena Ragazza"
'94 BMW K1100LT "Berrin Marte"
'96 Camry (anon.)
'97 Chev G20 van "Dances With Elk" (and we both live to tell the tale!!)
http://mailplus.yahoo.com