'87 Spider, newbie questions

Hi Group:

Being a former (until Monday) Spica Spider Snob (SSS), I have always skipped past the Bosch Spider postings to this Digest. Now things have changed, and I've got a nice, triple-black '87 Spider Veloce parked next to the old, faithful, red '74. So, I've got some typical questions pertaining to the '87, even though they've all been asked and answered many times before:

1) What's with the speedometer? The needle will only indicate up to around 35mph, regardless of the car's speed above that level. Easy fix? The two odometers work well, and are even reasonably accurate.

2) Also gauge related; the voltmeter seems to read low. With the engine not running, my digital VOM reads 12.68 volts (across the battery terminals), but the dash gauge reads about 1 volt lower. With the engine at idle, the VOM reads around 13.5, and the dash shows just a hair over 12. Is that just the way it is? Anyone ever rewire the gauge across the main power bus to get a more accurate reading?

3) Only the driver's power window works, but it's way slow going up or down. Is this typically an adjustment issue, or might it be low voltage, lubrication, failing motor, something else?

4) I know the early 105/115 steering wheels can be a nightmare to remove, but how about on the '87? The OEM wheel must go, ASAP.

That's it for tonight, but thanks in advance for any answers that are forthcoming.

Regards,

Dean
'74 & '87 Spiders