RE: FIAT cam belt design

Hey man, nothing wrong with the 308. I serviced mine for $100 AUS. (2 x
Belts)
the 124 sport $45 AUS (1 x belt)
the Alfa 90 $140 (1 x belt and detensioner kit)
512TR (ummm still to be done, next year.....)

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to change the tensioner bearings
everytime.
As I have experienced on my 124 and 308, the bearings give plenty of notice
before failure. Just look and listen to them. They will expell their inner
lubrication way before they start making a noise, and that will be spread
all over the place.
They stand out a mile when they are on their way out.

Anthony
Sydney Australia.