RE: 17" wheels on a Spider

Stock wheels might just be heavy. My statement assumed similar wheels in two different sizes. The data above just indicates that expensive aftermarket wheels are lighter than Alfa's phonedial alloys.
Well, we have Montreal 6.5x14 Turbinas, (12.8lbs!) but no standard size.
Wish I could help, but even though I have standard ones on the 77 Spider, I have no naked ones to weigh. But I did weigh the ones with the tires a few days back, just out of curiosity..

Standard Turbina, some funky Doral tire I've never heard of..
(185/65 14") 30lbs even.

Jon