re: 1600 vs. 1750 question

>Can anyone tell me if the 1600 and 1750 front covers are the same height?
>And, if so, will the 1750 crank work with the 1600 front cover (length, seal
>location, etc.)? Any other issues I'll have to deal with?

The 1750 engine is taller, so you can't use a 1600 front cover.  For a
clean conversion, you'll need a front cover from a carbureted 1750 or 2
liter.  The 1750 cover would be most convenient because of the oil filter
mount on your block.  You'll also need to decide what to do about the fuel
pump (you can use the original, mechanical pump with the front cover from a
carb car), and you'll need a carb support rod from a 1750 or 2 liter car
(the 1600 one is too short).  Unless you're converting to a hydraulic
clutch, you'll also want to use the 1600 flywheel, clutch, bell housing and
gearbox.

It's not a trivial job, but the 1750 will really wake up that Duetto.

Dana Loomis