? on replacing a 71 GTV gas tank

We have a 71 GTV that has had a number of problems with the gas tank.
The most irritating one (other than the gas fumes in the car) is the
filler tank. We are blessed in California (read cursed) with the ARB.
The vapor recovery nozzels at every gas station has a diameter that
precludes easy entry to the filler neck. We had the same problem on our
69 Berlina. I replaced the gas tank on the  69 Berlina with a tank from
a 72 or 73 Berlina and the angle of the filler neck is better, but not
great. Does anyone know which year GTV tank will eliminate the problem
or at least improve the angle to allow the gas nozzle to fit into the
filler neck?
Thx, Fred Zimmermann
67 Duetto
69 Berlina