How To? Fix Spider Pwr Wnd?

Hello to all,
I am curious about this. I have a 91spider and the passenger side power window
does not work. I have tried to fix it or rather,  take it apart and TRY to
understand the system! What happened was the cable, right where it winds up
onto the "spool" broke. Seems to be enough slack in the cable to re-insert it
and crimp on something to keep it from sliding back out of the spool. Those
who have seen it may understand?? I don't know!!!!
Anyone out there have a clue about the proper way to fix this. Any insight
would be GREATLY appreciated!
Only the Italians would have the ability to take a limp cable and make it
STIFF enough to work a car window?!  = )

Thank you all in advance

Scott M. Frary
1991 - triple black Veloce
CBLGUY