re: Winter Storage

In adv9n15, Doug wrote:

<snip>
> But I still need some advice.  I store it in an older garage that
> can get pretty damp; the roof is good and it's watertight, but the slab
> wicks up a lot o' water.
<snip>

In addition to whatever other methods you decide on, buy a big plastic tarp
(or a couple of layers of plastic drop cloths) and lay them down under where
the car sits. The plastic should be larger than the car. Clear/sweep the
floor, lay down the plastic, and park the car on the plastic. This will help
reduce the direct exposure of water to the underside and will reduce the
"rotting from the bottom, up" syndrome.

This technique is especially helpful if you have fairly damp, cold, but sunny
days as that combination will produce heavy condensation on the underside of
the car without the plastic barrier in place. With it in place, the car will
stay drier (relatively) and likely last longer.

Tom
Seattle (similar dampness, most of the time)
10123
11615