Winter storage

Doug,

I have thought about this a bit, and offer the following
comments for what they are worth. (I'm speaking
here of a detached garage.)

I recommend some sealer on the concrete garage floor
to cut down the moisture transmission a bit. I run a dehumidifier in the
Summer, and since Richmond is at least as damp as
Baltimore, I definitely recommend it. In Baltimore,
and probably in Richmond, much of winter is too cold
for a dehumidifier to work well. One thing that can be
done is to park the car on a plastic sheet covering the floor.
(You will see the underside of the sheet get damp on
occasion.) Another thing that I do is to use one of those electric,
low-temperature heater/blowers (Vornado, I think... and
about $55) to blow warm air under the car(s) and keep
the garage temperature a few degrees above the outdoor
temperature. This keeps the relative humidity down.

I am eager to hear of any better ideas out there. (But I
don't want to paint the garage floor, which would involve
a lot of preparation. Also, since Alfas always mark their
territory (with oil), a little absorbancy in the concrete is a
good thing, I think.)

Keep dry,

Jack Rugh, Baltimore MD
'69 GT Veloce