Re: Need parts

 Dean writes:
> I've had Alfa's with the restrictor, without the restrictor, and with the
> restrictor in backwards.  I'll be damned if I could ever notice a
> difference, but my '74 Spider has got one installed correctly.  If you
> squeeze the bulging area of the hose, it's near the bottom end, you'll
feel
> it if it's there.  Every once in a while you'll see one on eBay.  Here's a
> link to an i Saluti article about the device:

I love learning something new!  My 74 GTV has no restrictor.  I had never
heard of the thing until this thread started, so obviously I didn't read the
manual carefully when reassembling my engine last winter. but there was no
restrictor in the old hose I replaced.  A full summer with some pretty
enthusiastic driving has shown no cooling problems, even with the
compression now bumped to somewhere past 10.4:1.  My car does have the
proper thermostat.

Is there no source for new restrictors?  I don't recall seeing them listed
by any of the usual suspects, but then I wasn't really looking.

Cheers,
(a different) Tony