re: fire extinguishers

Good advice there - if you can, try one. They are noisy and can catch you
off-guard.

Finally, don't just install it then forget about it. The powder can
solidify, so it won't come out. You also need to check that the casing
hasn't rusted; I've heard stories about people being injured by
extinguishers exploding when the propellant is released (but I'd bet the
casing would have to be in a REALLY bad state, and you'd see that easily).

Simon