Solution for Alfa in North America

Now that Ferrari has resurrected the Maserati name and actually produced a car that is a genuine Maserati* and not just a reworked Ferrari, it occurs to me that what that company needs is a good entry level car. Like the famous Alfa Romeo name.

FIAT is, I believe the oldest Italian marque still around, and has to be one of the oldest in the world. Alfa Romeo is nearly as old. Maserati began between the wars, and that would make Ferrari the newcomer for this group.

Imagine the showroom traffic for Alfa Romeo if you had a Ferrari or two and the new Maserati in the same showroom. GM could keep FIAT as the market for those cars is more generic than for the famous racing marques.

Cheers

(and yes, the * marks the controversial statement intended to attract the usual storm of controversy over what constitutes a real whatevermobile)

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner