Damian's wiper motor

Hi Damian!

Most of this year the Porkchop (356) didn't have a wiper motor either, but
I drove it anyway! I did remember a trick I learned from friends on a
Porsche GT-3 race team I crewed for (puffing my chest out &;-D) at a
WSC enduro. Now this is so high tech you might not be able to handle it:
Dawn dishwashing detergent.

Problem is, you have to buff it on and rub it in well when the windshield
is clean AND dry. On the outside, it helps the rain sheet, on the inside,
it prevents fogging. Well, since I had a little trouble with THAT
application, I just drove around with a chamois on the passenger seat.
Every time I stopped at a light, I'd open the window, give the windshield
a whack, and then close the window. The chamois works great unless it
snows, AMHIK. Note that a towel, which leaves fluff and dog hairs and
stuff, is not a good alternative. Unless you plan to drive with
a passenger specifically designated to clean the windshield as you're
driving (BTDT too, ask Gordy) I'd really recommend fixing the Berlina's
wiper motor before winter sets in, as this can SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your
driving enjoyment....

BTW I want to pass along the exciting news that Gordy no longer is looking
for an Alfa, he wants to buy a Ducati! &;-D

Tess
a.k.a. the Queen of Band-aid methods (why bother fixing it when you can
rearrange your life to suit a totally elaborate, irrelevant, and quirky
work-around?) And the answer is: the wiper motor got fixed so it would
pass tech at a track event.