shift knob

 Hey all, I'm getting close to finishing my '74 gtv resto, but:  1. I can't get the shift knob off so I can install the new gear lever cover.  2. The windshield doesn't want to go in (new press in gasket).  3.  The seat belt mounting holes on the tunnel are covered by newly glued down carpet and I can't find them.  Hmmm?  4. Ditto with the screw holes for securing the console.