Re: Tires - alfa-digest V8 #1279

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 09:51:04 -0800 Will Owen <nashwill912@domain.elided> wrote:
> The now-apparently-discontinued Sumi HTR-4 was one of my favorite tires
> for the
> Milano - not quite as razor-sharp on dry pavement as the Michelins it
> came with,
> but not at all butt-puckering scary in the wet either, which the
> Michelins
> emphatically were.

not to mention that Michelin MXVs on snow will try to kill you, and may
succeed.

for my milano, i settled into Yokohama A509s for 3 season tires, Nokia
Hakkas for snow tires, and Yokohama A008R{Tu,S} as track tires. the yokos
i used to like are all now history.

i am watching this tire discussion with considerable interest, as i've been
out of the market for "good" tires far too long. i have no clue what to buy
when the AVSi tires on my GTV wear out, or what kind of replacements to go
to when the summer tires on the 164 are toast.

i would also note in passing that i have never found the automotive and
automotive accessory reviews in Condemmer Reports to be overly useful. i
remember them slagging the Milano because the controls were in novel places
-- to the extent that a car's control and dash layout isn't a honda layout,
CR seems to dislike a car, and the overhead console placement of the front
window switches really ticked them off.

richard