Bilstein HD's too soft??? I've got a set on my '74 Spider (in Florida, where the roads are pretty flat), and "soft" is at the bottom of the list of words I'd use to describe them. I'm losing dental fillings driving around, and if I didn't already have a transplanted kidney, I'd need one soon. If anyone out there wants to trade some Koni Yellow's for my Bilstein HD's, speak out now. I'll give it some serious consideration.

Regards,

Dean

At 11:55 PM 10/22/2002, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:11:06 -0400
From: Steve An <stevean@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Adjusting Konis & what KYBs?

KYBs are just not in the same class as Koni or Bilstein, particularly the
Gas-A-Just, the Miata folks seem to like the 8-way adjustable KYB AGX but
most claim they only last around 30K miles.

The Bilstein HD are not that great, they are too soft.

Koni Reds are OK on my Giulietta and Duetto, but I love the Yellow Konis on
the Milano. They are around $90 a piece (www.shox.com), well worth the money.

Shocks are best bang for the bucks, worth every penny.

- - S.