RE: 164 lamp problem

Tom Sahines asked about certain rear turn signal and rear brake lamps being
out.

My problem was that the right rear bulbs lit up for the turn signal, but not
for the brakes.  I replaced bulbs 1157 with bulbs 2057 and the bulbs now work
properly.

Good Luck!
Dan in Honolulu

From 164 Tech Notes--Electrical, Group 40:  "The cure for me was to put the
correct bulb in the brake light. I thought that all were the same but was told
that there is a difference and that the correct bulb was the 2057 not the 1157
I was trying-something I learned in a truck stop. I was driving the thing home
from Minnesota and had been pulled over at least once and so stopped at a
truck stop and bought the 1157. Still the same problem so the next one had a
choice of either the 2057 or 1157. Was told by attendant that newer cars
needed the 2057. Problem solved. May be not your problem but a cheap thing to
check on."
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
 is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you think you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by reply e-mail or by telephone (808)521-9200, and delete the original message.
Thank you.