Electronic Ignition

This must be my week for spider questions.  I've noticed in Centerline and IAP
catalogs the electronic ignition upgrades that they sell.  For 1974 spider,
are they a worthwhile upgrade?  My spider is very original except for
suspension upgrades.  The orginal distributer works fine but I am wondering if
going to the electronic ignition that replaces the distributer (supposedly
with a more aggressive advance curve) will improve performance.

                            Terry Johnston
                            74 Spider
                            83 GTV6
                            164S