re: 164 No Go - Battery?

The alarm chirps don't indicate a good battery - the starter needs more
juice than the lights/locks/alarms/etc.  Better put a multimeter on it and
check the charging system while you're at it - should be getting
14-something volts while running and have a full 12 when not running.

Good luck - I just had to put a new battery in my 164L.

Chris Lesher
164L - for sale - http://home.attbi.com/~lechalet/164Lindex.html
164S - also for sale - http://home.attbi.com/~lechalet/164Sindex.html
87 Milano, 79 spider