105 GTV with Whitewall Tires (Tyres)

Marje,
       You are allowed to run whitewall tires on your GTV, if and only if,
you mount them on gold spoke wheels that put the tires about a foot outside
the fender on each corner.  Plus for this application you want something like
a 155 13 tire stretched onto an eight or nine inch rim.
       If you are not familiar with the American Low Rider aberration, then
the "humor" of the above may have been lost on you.  Fortunately, I seem to
see fewer cars thus equipped.  I suspect they have mostly all been wrecked
due to the lack of proper suspension geometry.
      And seriously, a 195 75 14 tire is way too tall for a GTV.  A 195 70 14
is also too tall.  I suggest a 185 70 14, a 195 65 14 or a 205 60 14 tire for
either the stock 5.5 x 14 or a replacement 6 x 14 rim.
      Whitewall tires have gone out of fashion.  If you really want to build
a retro look car, check out Coker Tires http://www.coker.com/.  They carry
tires for everything from antique cars to wide whites for early customs.  Not
sure what they have for Alfa, but they might have a 155 15 for the Giulietta
through Duetto series.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City