Re: Milano Door Handle Gaskets

In AD8-1211 Paul Begemann asks about Milano Door Handle Gaskets: "Second try
for this one, not sure if it made it to the Digest.  Does anyone know if the
gaskets that go around the exterior of the Milano door handles are available,
if so how much, and how difficult are they to install?"

I don't really know, but the part number (old, pre-Fiat numbering system, but
dealers have translations) is 11655.55.100.00, and it was used on the one and
a quarter million Alfa "Nord" (or RWD) built between the 115 Berlina and the
164 - all Alfetta berlinas, Seis, Giulietta Nuovas, 90s and 75s - , and I
would think that at the very worst any major European dealer who could get you
an obscure brake part last used in 1969 should be able to supply a very
commonly used vinyl gasket. I'm planning on getting a bunch one of these days,
my first try will be relatively local dealer Paul Spruell, and I will be very
surprised if his lovely parts lady doesn't get them back to me in days at a
negligible cost. Installation should require removing the inner door panel,
unhooking the actuating rod from the latch, and removing the two nuts which
hold the latch assembly to the door.

Dealers are wonderful - some are, anyhow - and while I am delighted that we
have Centerlines and other sources, and ReOriginals, Woolf Steel etcetera, I
would think that the nearest proven-reliable former Alfa dealer would be the
most likely source for many parts, with the several excellent British, German,
Italian, etc places as likely fall-backs for most ordinary parts

John H.