Radio Antenna's

I am back to regularly reading the digest after a break when
I chagned ISP and started graduate school.  I was planning on
fixing the two radio antenna's on my 84 Alfa spider this weekend
were they connect to the windshield antenna.  Does anyone successfully
repaired them.  I have searched the digest archive and could not find
anything.
I have noticed the kits to repair the window heaters, will they work ?

Doug K

<putting on Radio and Electronics Guy hat>

I've never tried this.. but basically what you are trying to do is reconnect a break in a "wire" (assuming
that's what's wrong with the antenna) on the winshield. And that's exactly the same thing you are doing
to the somewhat more resistive, but still a conductor "wire" in the window defroster.

So theoretically, it should work fine. Practially, it would depend if you could make the connection with the
kit.. if for some reason their conductive paint materiel wouldn't make contact with the different wire compound,
you might have a problem. But I'd guess it should work fine... if you prep it properly.

Give it a shot, and let us know!

Jon