164 cooling

>The fan system - the "rad fan" works with the air conditioning on but does
>not appear to work for keeping the engine cool purposes. Have read as much
>as I could find on the digest archives etc and everything seems to be in
>order - what about bypassing the existing electrics and putting in one of
>those "cool control" units from AlfaHeaven.

Why screw with a good system? If all the parts are in good shape, it will
happily sing along at 185-210 as it was designed to do. This has been
covered many times, but folks many times want to shortcut broken or clogged
items with quick fixes. Put all the systems in good repair and let it do
it's thing. The only mod I've seen actually work here in Florida was a
bypass of the low speed cycle to aid air con function. The 164 has a very
capable cooling system. If you're overheating, find the problem and fix it.
It's not the overall design.

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA