Expected Car Repairs

someone has been lamenting about buying a 164. I bought a 164 and lamented
buying it. I kept it a year and sold it. The next owner worked on getting the
bugs out of it and loved it until it died.

I bought a Honda CRX with 70,000 miles on the odo. Who would have expected any
problems from a Honda? Certainly not me! Over the course of the next 2 years I
wound up rebuilding the whole drive train short of the transmission! I now
have 155,000 trouble free miles on it and drive 100 miles a day in it, handles
like a dream. Only problem I have now is why it is getting poor gas mileage
that I can't sort out.

When ever I buy an Alfa, it is for me a labor of love. I work on it enjoying
the process of bringing it up to 100 percent reliability. I guess you can call
that pride of ownership knowing your sweat equity pays off.

Enjoy your car, a good running 164 is wonderful to drive.

Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www.veloceregister.net
(just got a new 101 spider for the list yesterday)