re: 2L engine RPM rev limit ?

"I don't have much personal experience with Bosch-injected 4 cylinder Alfas,
which may be different, but I do remember test-driving a new Alfa some time
in the '70s and being told by the salesman that the red zone marked on the
tach was just an advisory, that the company didn't specify an RPM limit, as
such.  It seemed like a strange claim at the time, but owner's manuals from
that era seem to bear it out.  They describe the indicated red line as the
recommended limit for sustained, high-speed driving.  Now, when I drive a
stock 2 liter on track, I don't hesitate to shift at 6500 or even 7000 RPM.
I'd tend to keep the revs lower on the street, though.  There's generally
not much be gained by pushing it."

I had the throttle on my GTV get stuck wide open between gears and I can
tell you with absolute certainty that there is a rev limit on the Alfa 2
liter motor.  It lies somewhere between 7000 and "Dammit!"

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

Lawrence Gowin