Re: Lug nuts loosening

Dick's lug nuts backed off, after installing new turbinas.

This happened to me on my lamented Sport Sedan's turbinas after I put
Nevr-Seize on the lugs.  I had torqued the wheels with a lug wrench, felt real
good about everything, and the damn lug nuts backed out.  I used brake cleaner
on the lugs and have had no recurrence.

It can also happen with cap-type lug nuts, if the lugs are too long and they
bottom on the top of the nut instead of against the chamfered wheel hole.
Some Alfa lug nuts have caps that pop off, to prevent that from happening.

Bests,
Joe
'72 PIR slut