Re: How come the 1990 Series 3 Spider is more powerful?

alfa-digest wrote:

1) Could I likely bump the performance of a pre-'90 engine up from 115 to 120
bhp by upgrading to the newer exhaust manifold

Sonny,

That's a gain of 4.3%: is it worth the trouble/expense of changing the
manifold for 5 bhp? I suspect you could gain/lose that much just
depending on the condition of the engine. Might you spend the same
money/effort in another way to get more bhp? Just a thought ....

Nicky