Transmission drain plug and vent window latch

Regarding the Spider, today I also pulled the transmission drain plug and put
a new copper sealing washer on there.  Last month or so when I changed the
transmission oil there wasn't one there.  I was getting a pretty steady drip.
I wiped the area around the plug dry and clean, a couple of hours later there
was a drop hanging there just about ready to let go.  I tightened it fairly
tight, I don't get a leak from the engine oil plug which used the same seal.
Has anyone suffered this?  What did you do to seal it?

Today I glued the vent window latch back on with rearview mirror adhesive.
Followed the directions with one exception.  Beyond cleaning the old adhesive
off with a razor blade which is all the directions suggested,  I also scrubbed
the glass and the metal button with an alcohol dampened wipe and allowed to
dry before attempting to stick it on.  I also marked the edge of the disk so
that I could stick it on in the open position.  So far I've used it once but I
never open those windows anyway.  Time will tell.

Thanks,

Wayne Abbott
86 Spider