irregular brake pad wear

While doing the previously mentioned axle bearing job I noticed that the
drivers side brake pads are not wearing evenly.  One pad is about half the
thickness of the other.  I would guess that the piston is sticking.  Is there
a quick cure for this or does the caliper need to be rebuilt or replaced?
When I step on the brake there is a small Click noise which comes from the
drivers rear.  I thought the noise was from the loose axle bearing, but it is
still there.  Any guesses, distortion from the pressure of only one piston
applying pressure against the disk?

Anyway the brakes feel fine, no pulling or pulsating.  With the 205/50-15
Ventus tires, stainless overbraided brake lines, and EBC green brake pads I
think the brakes are fantastic.

Thanks for any answers or advise,

Wayne Abbott
86 Spider