spider axle bearings

Last Saturday I pulled the drivers side axle and had a new bearing and
retainer pressed on at a local automotive machine shop. Just having the one
side done made a big difference in handling.  Yesterday I did the same for the
passenger side.  The difference was amazing.  There is no rear wheel steering
anymore.  The parts used are as follows

Bearing = SKF # BB1B630560D

Seal = (don't know the name) size = 34x52x10

Retainer = I.A.P. # 17309

Eight years ago these same parts cost me $102.69, this time around $103.79.
Eight years ago the machine shop charged $25.00, this year $26.25.

Wayne Abbott
86 Spider