Re: spider drive shaft

I tried everything to get mine apart - gear puller, pounding, torch, all three together. Nothing. Took it to a driveline shop (Trucks, Mustangs, and Camaros) and it took the _big_ press to get it apart. Something like 20 tons. The guy couldn't belive how hard it was to get apart. Plus you may have to re-thread the thing too. The threaded portion got really mushroomed, as they have to push on that to get it apart. Good luck/.

Steve
'74 Spider
'64 Spider