magnecore wires

I'd be interested in hearing experiences of anyone using Magencore 8mm race
wires on a 3.0 V6.    According to the Centerline catalog, only solid core
wires will work and not vary resistance.    According the Magnecore website,
only separate strand wires will do same.  What's the real story here and has
anyone using them have positive or negative experience?

It appears the retail price on Magencore vs. stock is about the same so why
would someone use the stock wires over claimed premium wires?  So far, I've
only ever used stock wires on any V6 and have been satisfied.

Also, I remember a thread a while back regarding the Plat+4 plugs ranging
from they sucked, to no difference, to amazing improvement.    Anyone know
the reason for this?

TIA

-Peter