Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:30:17 -0700
From: George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: James Dean

Not true. He was in a mid-engined Porsche 550 Spyder. He was
approaching an intersection at about 60 miles an hour late in the
afternoon. There was a stop sign in front of him and another stop sign
for people turning left onto the road that Dean was exiting. There was
a black 1949 Ford (I believe) sitting at the stop sign waiting to turn
left. When Dean came over the rise just before the intersection, he
found the low afternoon sun right in his eyes. Thus blinded
(apparently) he could not see a local  store owner named Turnupseed
turning left in his old Ford. The 550 careemed off of the Ford and hit
a telephone pole killing Dean outright.

George Graves