Re: Alfetta Drive Shaft Clunk

Ted Spradley wrote:

> but I had a nasty struggle getting the crossmember bolt
> holes, and the spacers between crossmember and floor, lined
> up so I could get those six big bolts started back in.

Been there, done that. Don't try to get all six lined up before
putting in the first bolt. Just start at the back bolt. As you tighten it
up, the other holes line themselves up.

Anybody actually know purpose the spacers serve? Since they're all the same
thickness, why not just increase the depth of the cross member. My guess
would be an afterthought to overcome a drive shaft alignment problem or some
such and it would have cost too much to rework the cross member.

Tony
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 Page www.alfa90.org
--
Tony Lupton                  *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Project Manager           *    *   Level 10