Re: Virus removal intructions

At 09:08 PM 9/18/02 +0000, Tim Timko wrote:
I was tipped off to a possible virus that may have been on my computer. I followed the instructions and successfully removed it. Please read the following instructions. It works with your address book. so PLEASE contact everyone in your Address book.
Please...DON'T follow the "removal instructions" unless you are SURE this file is infected.
This is a HOAX that tries to persuade you to delete a legitimate Windows file from your computer. The file that the hoax refers to, Jdbgmgr.exe, is a Java Debugger Manager. It is a Microsoft file that is installed when you install Windows.
It has a teddy bear icon as described in the hoax.
For more info (or to reinstall the file if you've already deleted it):
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

Cheers,
Lew Rosenberger
(one of the 750-101 List "managers" - dedicated to giving poor Biba a hard time)