Re[2]: Alfetta Information

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 07:23:35 -0400 Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:

> > I wonder what parts will transfer over from the GTV6 that are
> compatible with
> > the Alfetta such as the upper control arm that you mention with out
> major
> > modifications.
> > I would suspect that a complete GTV6 front suspension and torsion bars
> would
> > be the way to go.

> Take the wheel hubs, ventilated disks, and 15" five bolt wheels while
> you're there.

be aware that the hubs & uprights were changed in mid model run; later
Alfettas have larger wheel bearings. they may be the same as the ones on
the 6 at that point in time.

thus, you need to make sure that your hubs and uprights match or it just
plain won't go together; the inner wheel bearings are slightly larger on
the later cars.

> The GTV6 suspension is a great upgrade for an Alfetta.  Make sure to get
> the torsion bars from an 'early' GTV6, as they changed in the middle of
> the '85 model year to Milano-like torsion bars.

> All Alfetta sedan windshields are not created alike.  There were
> different mounting styles, and different size glass, and maybe even
> subtle differences in the sheet metal surrounding the windshield.

i could certainly see this for the Alfetta Sedan vs the Sport Sedan; the
catologo rapid seems to confirm this. i'm not so sure about running changes
with in the construction of these cars, although there's at least one
difference between my 1975 aleftta sedan parts car and my 1976 alfetta
sedan race car that doesn't seem to be reflected in the catalogo rapido.

richard